10 Powerful Digital Marketing Trends You Need to Know - January 2018
Digital Marketing Trends-January 2018
Digital Marketing Stats are important to put together an effective digital marketing, it helps to understand current digital marketing trends.We have analysed some of the emerging Digital Marketing Trends for 2018.In an industry that is changing rapidly and evolving, our tips can help to keep you ahead of the curve
1. 76% of people believe that in the last two years, marketing has changed more than it did in the previous 50.
The dramatic change in the digital marketing landscape
is as a result of the exponential growth in the use of social media
in modern marketing.If your business isn't engaging with your customers online, rest assured that other businesses, including your competitors, are.A social media strategy
can help you to understand your customers and to take your brand to them and be part of the conversation.
2. The Content Marketing Institute report that 90% of B2C businesses use social media as their number one priority in their marketing strategy
After social media, e-newsletters were identified as the go-to marketing channel for 87% of businesses and video content and articles listed on websites by 82% and 81% respectively.It is important that businesses recognise social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as content marketing tools for publishing content.
You need to implement a further strategy to produce and communicate the right content, in the right way.
3. In 2017, 72% of marketers said that the creation of relevant content was the most important factor in any SEO strategy.
Creating engaging, optimised content
can be a challenge for any business or brand, but when you get it right the impact on your business will be hugely positive.The challenge for marketing teams in 2018, is to produce content that is relevant, that is targeted to the right group of people, on the right platform at the right time.
4. Chief Marketing Officers will typically invest up to 45% of their budget on the production of content, however, less than 25% of CMO’s feel that they are producing engaging content for their business
With the ever-growing number of digital marketing trends for channels like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat, creating consistent, engaging content will create a stronger identity.That will result in greater brand familiarity
in the longer term.As well as creating the right content, you need to identify where your customers already frequent and design the content to suit the channel and indeed your business and the type of content that you are likely to produce.
5. An integrated marketing strategy is an important addition to your marketing strategy
A good starting point is to conduct some research into the various channels, find out about the different channels and find out where your competitors are marketing.Leaders in the digital marketing industry have begun to see an emerging Digital Marketing trends with businesses using integrated tools.
For instance, using Instagram, where you can link your Instagram page with programs such as Shopify, allowing customers to shop the products directly from the Instagram post.This would be perfectly paired with high fashion brands, clothing, jewellery and footwear and also accessory ranges.For distributing editorial content, LinkedIn Articles has the potential to expose your brand
to its 300 million users.
6. Despite the newer strategies such as social media marketing and content marketing, email still retains its place as one of the most effective tools to generate fresh leads and to encourage customers to return to you for another purchase.
Mailjet conducted research into the e-campaigns of some of the UK’s biggest supermarkets.The study revealed that Asda’s e-campaign, which took place throughout December was particularly successful. Asda sent follow-up emails to customers
throughout the month.Their emails were more personalised and included a call to action.Asda was also one of the only supermarkets to send out post-purchase emails to customers.
7. Email marketing needs a strategy, right down to the finer details
A study by Experian found that the optimal time of day to send emails
is between 4 pm and 8 pm. The Experian study sought to analyse consumer behaviour across a 24-hour period.The study revealed some key times of the day where consumers were more active.Traditionally, people tend to open their emails first thing in the morning.However, people are becoming increasingly mobile and emails can be received from a range of devices, anywhere and at any time of day.
8. eMarketer predicts that mobiles will account for 72% of digital ad spend by 2019.
According to Gartner, by 2018 over 50% of all consumers will use their mobile devices first when they go online
.In the United States, 71% of all time, measured in the industry in minutes, originate from mobile devices. Further afield, in Indonesia, this number climbs to 91%.These numbers have been growing in the past year.
9. The number of consumers who use their mobile as their go to, and in some cases their main and only device.
Google has identified that over 50% of searches made come from mobile devices.This is particularly relevant to businesses in the food and restaurant industries, where 72% of searches are made on a mobile device.
10. In 2016, Google announced that it would begin indexing websites based on their mobile sites and not the desktop versions
In 2018, it is essential that business websites are designed to accommodate this trend.Your website needs to be responsive
, it needs to load quickly and photos and content need to appear in the correct place on a mobile device as well as on the desktop version.
The Digital Marketing Trends identified by digital marketing experts for 2017 illustrate how important it is for modern businesses to have a solid digital marketing strategy.At Anova
, we specialise in Social Media Management, Search Engine Optimization
and PPC Management
.We are always looking to make new additions to the tool and offer more features.Our team of experts will work with you to create the right campaign for you and your brand